Module 14: Upselling
Selling more. Upselling them to ensure we do the most possible business with them.
|Candidates will understand and have basic competency applying.||Methods and Resources||Activity and Assessment||Manager Sign|
|1.||Turning clients into referrals givers.||Lecture Demonstration Example diaries||Attend session|
|2.||Make the deal as soon as possible. A deal today is better than two tomorrow. So double it now.||Interactive Talk Examples of previous cases|
|3.||Seeding ideas.The golden rules.||Interactive Talk||Write down at least 6 golden rules|
|4.||The Art of Thinking Big.||Interactive Talk||Write down at least 6 golden rules|
|5.||Being wary of competitionWho is first wins.||Interactive Talk||Attend session|
|6.||Addressing potential problems.||Interactive Talk||Attend session|
|7.||Test-closing.||Lecture||Written Test: 3 questions that close.|
|8.||Is a £10,000 deal a good one?||Interactive Talk||Attend Session|
Task or Other Activity to be Completed.
a) Satisfactory attendance on training course.
b) Satisfactory participation in discussion on ‘10 Principles of Best Practice’.
c) Manager verification of attaining required standard in each task.
d) Practical loading role-play.
Module completed to satisfaction
Module 14 Handout : Upselling
Principles of Best Practice
1. The sooner the deal happens the better. A deal happens when cash is received.
2. “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful”.
3. “Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.” Warren Buffett
4. Go out there and only pitch for clients that are worth at least a £A LOT to us and you will find it starts coming that way.
5. If it makes sense for £5,000 it makes double the sense for £10,000.
6. Up-selling is more than selling as they have already been sold. It is more about amplifying. Giving them more of what makes them happy.
7. Always try to increase your success rate.
8. Focus entirely on customer needs and motivations.
9. Leverage your brand value. This is unique to you and a large part of it will be you personally. Nobody else can offer that.
10. Think big, in fact think very BIG.