Module 9: Leadership and Control
Taking full control of the conversation from the outset. Appreciating it’s importance, and structure of leading to the end goal for prospect and broker.
|Description of area to be covered.||Methods and Resources||Activity and Assessment||Manager Sign|
|1.||What determines control of the conversation?||Interactive discussion|
|2.||What are the qualities of a leader?||Lecture and discussion||Think of a time|
|3.||Confidence||Interactive Talk and Demonstration||Live practice in pairs.|
|5.||10 minutes to change from Follower to Leader.||Demonstrations|
|6.||Spotting Decision Making Styles.||Lecture and discussion||Attend Session|
|7.||Eliciting Decision Making Strategies.|
|8.||NLP Strategies for making decisions.||Listen and Elicit|
Task or Other Activity to be Completed.
a) Satisfactory attendance and participation on training course.
b) Satisfactory participation in discussion on ‘10 Principles of Best Practice’.
c) Manager verification of attaining required standard in each task.
d) Audit of 1 call where Decision Making Style was established.
e) Audit of 3 calls where clear leadership and control of the conversation was shown.
Module completed to satisfaction
Module 9 Handout: Leadership and Control
Principles of Best Practice
1. Beware the decision influencer.
2. Helping others get what they want is the leadership that leads to you getting what you want.
3. You maintain control by asking questions. Have some prepared even printed in front of you that lead to your goal.
4. The vast majority of people are natural followers and like to take that role, let them.
5. Never be phased by the seniority, experience or other attribute of the prospect.
6. Make a decision for them to buy and inform them of the decision.
7. Talk about what “We” will do, be in partnership with them.
8. By not convincing the prospect of their own best interests you are letting them and you down. So keep going until you have a deal.
9. Wherever there money is now it is earning less and at more risk than where you suggest placing it.
10. Talk with authority and people will follow you.