Module 5: Listening and Using What They Say
Picking up on what a prospect says including their patterns and preferences. Then being able to use that information to get them interested in what you have to say.
|Candidates will understand and have basic competency applying.||Methods and Resources||Activity and Assessment||Manager Sign|
|1.||Key information to listen for.||Talk and open questions.||Attend Session|
|2.||Buying Signals||Lecture||Written test 5 examples.|
|3.||Pattern Detection||Lecture||Group demonstration and test|
|4.||Visuals, Auditories and Kinesthetics.||Talk||Role-play exercises.|
|5.||When to listen when to talk.|
|6.||LisTEN key points||Interactive Talk||Participation in discussion.|
Task or Other Activity to be Completed.
a) Satisfactory participation on training course.
b) Manager verification of attaining required standard in each task.
c) Satisfactory participation in discussion on ‘10 Principles of Best Practice’.
d) Verbal test following live call to repeat facts prospect said and interpret meaning and how to use it.
Module completed to satisfaction
Sales Professional (SP) Certification Programme
Module 5 Handout : Listening and Using What They Say
Principles of Best Practice
1. Get in the habit of homing in on the key selling points for the prospect fast.
2. Every business owner you talk to knows other business owners to refer to you.
3. Client’s are very impressed with Sales Associate that have taken the trouble to learn something about them and the products they are selling.
4. Be open minded for the prospect to tell you what they want and how they want it.
5. Today’s prospects are tomorrow’s fees.
6. Think like a business owner, see it from their viewpoint.
7. One of your major objectives on a canvass call is to get them doing most of the talking. People will not always like what you have to say but they always like you listening to what they have to say.
8. “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.” Mark Zuckerberg
9. Listen to every word and how it is spoken carefully. The prospect will always offer you all their money on a golden platter, all you have to do is notice and act accordingly.
10. Keep your own personal notes on what approach, questions etc lead to the best results. Always look to improve your style.