Module 11: Managing Prospect Mood
Eliciting when the appropriate mood in the prospect and getting them fired up about what you offer.
|Candidates will understand and have basic competency applying.||Methods and Resources||Activity and Assessment||Manager Sign|
|1.||Moods the prospect might be in.||Interactive Talk||Written test|
|2.||Moods you might want the prospect in and when.||Attend Session|
|3.||Be in the mood you want them to be in.||Interactive Talk.||Participate in discussion|
|4.||Eliciting Moods. Can you think of a time?||Lecture||Practice technique in twos.|
|5.||Setting up Simple Anchors.||Interactive Talk|
|6.||Firing Anchors, How to and When?||Lecture||Attend Session|
|7.||Finding out the prospect’s real priorities. Difference between what they say and what they do.||Interactive Talk||Participate in discussion|
Task or Other Activity to be Completed.
a) Satisfactory attendance on training course.
b) Satisfactory participation in discussion on ‘10 Principles of Best Practice’.
c) Manager verification of attaining required standard in each task.
d) Satisfactory performance in two role-plays.
Module completed to satisfaction
Review of Module 11 Handout : Managing Prospect Mood
Principles of Best Practice
1. “There are 309 million people out there that are trying to improve their lot in life. And we’ve got a system that allows them to do it”. Warren Buffett
2. “Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more”. Mark Twain
3. Be fired up yourself and then let contagion do your work for you.
4. Use positive words as they trigger the associated responses.
5. Speed is of the essence. It is essential to impress upon a client how important fast decision making is.
6. Everything a prospect buys is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear. Know the difference.
7. Know the prospect, if they love golf talk about golf for a while and get them relaxed.
8. Prospects invest when they are in a buying mood, elicit it before closing.
9. They might be in any mood when you call, take responsibility to move it to where you need them to be.
10. Ask a prospect to tell you about the best purchase they ever made. Guess what sort of a mood that will leave them in?